HR policies serve several important functions for a business, in that they:
- Communicate values and expectations for how things are done at your organisation
- Keep the organisation in compliance with employment legislation and provide protection against employment claims
- Document and implement best practices appropriate to the organisation
- Support consistent treatment of staff, fairness and transparency
- Help management to make decisions that are consistent, uniform and predictable
- Protect individuals and the organisation from the pressures of expediency
However, there are many steps necessary to ensure that the policies created are both right for your business whilst at the same time, where necessary, compliant with UK employment legislation.
These steps include establishing the need for a policy; developing the policy content; drafting the policy and writing the procedure through to policy approval, implementation, communication and, and ultimately back to the policy’s review.
If you haven’t got the HR policies that you need or, have policies which need to reviewed and updated, please contact me!